Started Indie Publishing in 2011, Saved My Creative Life

Started Indie Publishing in 2011, Saved My Creative Life

RandyAttwood
Perhaps the most interesting thing about me is that I grew up on the grounds of an insane asylum because my father was the institution's dentist and the state provided housing on the grounds of that then 1,500 patient mental hospital. First half of my adult career was newspaper journalism, second half in health care public relations. Been writing since my 20s but little success at getting published. I actually gave up writing several times, but found I was more miserable nor writing than I was not getting published. But then near retirement and still no publishing success I took up woodworking thinking I had to do something creative in retirement. I finally got an agent for one novel and a couple of editors at good houses encouraged the agent to urge me to self-published. So I plunged in and never looked back and found what I had always hoped to find. Readers who didn't know me from Adam but with whom my fiction really connected. I'm all over the genre map. Just promoted my smorgasbord on my current blog post. Easy to see everything there and one review for each work: http://www.randyattwood.blogspot.com/
Building An Audience One Precious Reader At A Time

Re: Started Indie Publishing in 2011, Saved My Creative Life

ReadIndies
Administrator
Welcome to IndieBoards and thanks for posting! Now that you joined, we hope you'll bookmark this site and come back to participate in the discussions from time to time in areas like:

Readers’ Corner

Gadget Central

Writers’ Corner

Although no self-promotion is allowed in these areas, you’ll find many others areas where sharing about your writing and your works openly is not only encouraged but welcome, including:

Meet the Authors

Book & Author Gallery

Klub Indie

As an author, you’re also welcome to post in:

Hot Reads to announce new and forthcoming books

Feed Your Reader to announce discounted and free books

You’ll find complete details about the various areas within IndieBoards here: What is Indie Boards. If you need help creating signatures, adding pictures to your posts or otherwise, be sure to check out Forum Help.

Great to see you on IndieBoards,

Team Read Indies

Emma, Becka & Tony

-- ReadIndies hosted by Robert Stanek