Free Books

12
Ami

Re: Free Books

Ami
Please find 'The Little Men' free on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015G0VT3U?*Version*=1&*entries*=0

This book is partly autobiographical.

SYNOPSIS

When I started writing, I wanted to write about recession, then midway I realized people and recession are completely inseparable hence I trashed it all and started writing about recession through lives of people.
‘Little Men’ is an insider’s account of an year spent by a new-comer in the IT industry, a blend of facts and fiction based on real events and on some people I met in backdrop of IT recession of 2007-09.
It explores an idea that recession is not always recession of demand; it simultaneously also can be a recession of hope. Drilled down from a macrocosm of an industry to a microcosm of one person’s brain, it is a recession of ideas, culture and innovation. If at times, death of an idea or a dream can lead to death of a person then similarly death of an idea or a dream can be a death of an industry as well.
Narrated through the eyes of 22 year old Amitarth ;a fresher in a software organization, we find a protagonist in a shy techie who experiences everything that he sees emotionally and with a curious mind. Recession is but a backdrop, a reflection in his life as he struggles to make sense of the events in his life and as his mind and heart conflicts.
He experiences a close friendship with a crazy genius Prabhu and love for an unusual and geeky damsel Mitali who is 4 years elder to him.
Life takes a turn when he realizes his dreams don't align with the great Indian software dream and that while there already are conflicts of interest between these 3 characters; there is something even bigger plotting against them at the same time.
Does he stand any chance of saving these two people who are dearest to him, from their own selves?
It’s also a story of his team as they see their lives getting inevitably tangled and altered due to something uncontrollable and big; something nobody really understands.
Journey of these little men then becomes analogous and synonymous to the journey of an industry; a sine wave filled with heartbreaks, disappointments, setbacks yet simultaneously throbbing with hope and resurrection.
Being a fresh pass out from IIM Kozhikode with majors in Finance & Marketing and with 3 years of prior experience as an application developer in IBM Bangalore, I felt I had a lot to share through this story about the turmoil experienced by us due to seemingly a pure financial phenomenon but through close personal experiences of everyday lives.
Yet by no means is this a boring account of monotonous concepts; this is a valid story primarily about people, their dreams; about their friendships, ideals and love, yes it also is about recession and survival, but most importantly... it’s about growing up!!
This novel, set in Pune which is the second largest IT hub in India, runs over 92000 words and will appeal to all adults.
If you like the book, please drop in a review ; even if just a sentence or two. Would mean much to me.

Re: Free Books

Sandra
CONTEST:
My first audio book, Murder by Proxy, is coming available in the next few days. I am giving away 25 FREE copies of this medical thriller. If you are interested, make a comment on my author page to enter the contest. Go to:
www.facebook.com/Sandra-L-Olson-935454399838453

Re: Free Books

JP Jones
Free on AmazonAnimalis
Free on Amazon
Earth is in turmoil. A deadly conflict rages between humans and the genetically engineered Animalis. Jax Minette hurls himself into battle, ready to make a hero of himself; determined to erase the shame of being son to a dishonored veteran. Jax is duty bound, until he comes face to face with the Animalis and is ordered to kill an innocent.

With blood staining his hands and his disillusionment growing, he turns to the only alternative he knows, a captivating red-head who has her own plans, and envisions what Jax thought was an impossible future.

Re: Free Books

Pamela Southwood
THE DEVIL'S INTENDED: LOVE & EVIL IN PALM BEACH BY PAMELA SOUTHWOOD IS A FREE DOWNLOAD TODAY-OCTOBER 23-24, 2015!!!

getbook.at/Devils

It is a wonderful, edgy, romantic and suspenseful novel! 312 pages

Seriously...you will love it! Go see description and excerpts on Amazon! Free! Why not?

Re: Free Books

lemonyaop
Free Contemporary Romance Story from Dec 7th to Dec 11th

"Electra and Leo" by Joan G.Litton

Romance
12