Boom Time for Indies?

Robert Stanek
Administrator
What do you think? Is it a boom time for indies? Has the indie rush come and gone? Are glory days still ahead?

I think it's a mixed bag and that many more authors will have low sales than high sales. But I also think low sales aren't necessarily bad and my article "Some people are the dog. Others that tail on the dog"  talks about this extensively.

There are numerous opportunities out there where from which content creators receive only a trickle of income, but that trickle can add up to a great deal.
- Robert Stanek

My Books: Play | Amazon | B & N | iTunes

My Sites: Author Web | Blog | Facebook | Twitter

Re: Boom Time for Indies?

Charles Habakkuk
As soon as the big five figure out how to quash the Indie boom, I think they'll move to do it. You can see it in the way they're supporting Facebook's move to try and charge promotions on people's Facebook feeds.

Re: Boom Time for Indies?

janette270961
In this digital age where people want things instantly without going anywhere, I think it's a good time for e-books, personally. Technology will surely improve, where things we see in movies that are futuristic, will become reality. I have written a comical post about my own adventure, so far, in the self-publishing e-book age. http://jmbrownpsychologicalthrillers.com/wordpress/2015/08/22/hello-world/