A bookstore for indies and indie small presses?

A bookstore for indies and indie small presses?

Angelika
I've recently wondered if there are bookstores that exclusively sell independent authors and books released by independent small presses. It seems like there would be market for this in places such as Brooklyn, Portland (Maine or Oregon), Boston, Seattle, San Francisco, etc.

It may already exist. I do not know and am not particularly well-informed.

Such a store would probably have to offer something else (like events) or be funded by an alternative project, as I do not think selling books alone would be sufficient to sustain it over the long term. In this regard, I wonder whether combining such a store with art and attempting to cull affluent dissidents would work?

Good luck to all of you!

Angelika
http://www.perypatetik.org/

Re: A bookstore for indies and indie small presses?

pwish12
Hi Angelika,

I saw one such bookstore on Goodreads. Here's the link: http://www.pjboox.com
However, they charge to set up an initial space for your book at their store. The store launches in October.
But, I haven't seen any other stores like that. I'm curious about it too. Do you know any?
As for combining it with art...I really don't know. I guess it could work in the cities you mention.
Cheers!
P. Wish
Author and blogger
http://www.pwish.net