A Police Officer trying to become an author

A Police Officer trying to become an author

Jason Fort
Hello all,
My name is Jason Fort, and I just self-published my debut novel, Misguided. I am a full time police officer during the day, but when I am off work, or at home while my wife tutors students at night - I write. I have dreamed about becoming a published author and perhaps one day best seller ever since my 12 year old son was born in 2002. I began writing just before my wife gave birth to my son, and I finally had the persistence and right idea to complete my first novel over the summer. Over the past twenty years, I have been everything from a PE teacher, to a wellness and sports director, to a bouncer. Now I am a police officer for one of the largest healthcare systems in the southeast - so I have had plenty of experience in different situations with people to write stories. Add that up with my obsession with action movies and thriller or adventure novels, and I think I have what it takes to become a professional author one day. In the meantime, I will have fun in the pursuit while I work my day-job.
Jason E. Fort
Writer of The Knox Mission series

Re: A Police Officer trying to become an author

ReadIndies
Administrator
Welcome to IndieBoards and thanks for posting! Now that you joined, we hope you'll bookmark this site and come back to participate in the discussions from time to time in areas like:

Readers’ Corner

Gadget Central

Writers’ Corner

Although no self-promotion is allowed in these areas, you’ll find many others areas where sharing about your writing and your works openly is not only encouraged but welcome, including:

Meet the Authors

Book & Author Gallery

Klub Indie

As an author, you’re also welcome to post in:

Hot Reads to announce new and forthcoming books

Feed Your Reader to announce discounted and free books

You’ll find complete details about the various areas within IndieBoards here: What is Indie Boards. If you need help creating signatures, adding pictures to your posts or otherwise, be sure to check out Forum Help.

Great to see you on IndieBoards,

Team Read Indies

Emma, Becka & Tony

-- ReadIndies hosted by Robert Stanek